Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Popular Authors You've Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week the topic is popular authors that you've never read. As an English graduate there's plenty of books that I've missed out on reading over the years in favour of more 'classic' works, so I have a lot of catching up to do!

1) I might as well get the biggie out of the way... J.K Rowling. Our teacher read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to us in Year 6 and aside from that I've just never really got into it. I'm not as against it as I once was now that the hype has died down so maybe it's time to give Rowling's work another go...

2) J.R.R. Tolkein. Another case of the hype putting me off I think. I've never made it through any of the LOTR films either!

3) Dan Brown. We read an extract from The Da Vinci Code during a history seminar on the Templars it didn't exactly make me want to read the rest of it.

4) Rainbow Rowell. I've only come across her pretty recently but I can't wait to read Fangirl!

5) Nicholas Sparks. I've half seen The Notebook and that's as close as I've got to his novels.

6) Stephen King. His work isn't really my kind of thing, though I did love the film version of The Green Mile and was surprised to discover that he wrote the book.

7) John Green. Literally all of the readers I know, both online and off, have been saying how amazing The Fault in Our Stars is.

8) Jodi Picoult. I've never been one to willingly read tear jerking novels, but I've heard great things about My Sister's Keeper.

9) Leo Tolstoy. War and Peace might be pushing things a bit , but I would love to read Anna Karenina one day.

10) Markus Zusak. The Book Thief is another of those books that everyone seems to have read but me.

How about you? Any authors that you're ashamed to admit that you've never read?


Comments

  1. There's quite a lot here that I haven't readeither. Leo Tolstoy, John Green, Nicholas Sparks. I would love to read 'The Fault In Our Stars'. As for 'The Book Thief', I would highly recommend you read it, it's my favourite book so I'm biased but of the list that I have read, it was the one that really stuck out as 'Oh my God, she NEEDS to read that!'. Also, J.R.R. Tolkien was on my list too, I'm so glad I'm not alone on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm definitely gonna try and read The Book Thief sooner rather than later, especially now that the film's out!

      Delete
  2. You definitely need to read Fangirl - I didn't until recently either and I really enjoyed it. We both need to get our acts together and read TFIOS as well as The Book Thief! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely do! Going to read Fangirl asap, so many people have said how great it is :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Summer in Tuscany by Domenica De Rosa

Feature and Follow Friday: Featured Blogger!

Review: The Wardrobe Mistress by Natalie Meg Evans