The Book Reading Habits Tag

So a few weeks back the lovely Girl with her Head in a Book nominated me for the Book Reading Habits Tag. I'm not brave enough to booktube - that and it's difficult to get a quiet moment here with family lurking around - so for now written answers will have to suffice!

#1 - Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
Most of my reading is done in bed, although when I have a particularly gripping book on the go I have been known to carry it with me around the house and read it anywhere I get the chance to!

#2 - Do you use a bookmark or a random piece of paper?
I have loads of bookmarks but they always seem to just disappear when I need them! I use tickets, old lists, basically anything that I have to hand when I need one. If I manage to actually find a bookmark even better.

#3 - Can you just stop reading or does it need to be at the end of a chapter or a certain number of pages?
The end of a chapter, always. Unless of course I fall asleep mid sentence, which I very often do!

#4 - Do you eat or drink while reading?
Very rarely, it just never crosses my mind. I suppose seeing as I do most of my reading at night I'm done with eating for the day. 

#5 - Do you read one book at a time or several at once?
Several at once, definitely. I usually have at least one light-hearted book on the go for when I need something easy to read, alongside a heavier going book. I've been known to have four or five on the go at once, but at the minute I just have two.

#6 - Do you read out loud or silently in your head?
I don't think I've ever read out loud outside of English classes at school. Though I do think reading plays and poetry out loud makes an enormous difference in understanding them. 

#7 - Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
I always try to avoid reading the end of a book before I actually get to it, although I do skip ahead a few pages/chapters sometimes just to make sure my favourite characters are ok, particularly if something bad is about to happen.

#8 - Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
The books I buy new I try and keep as pristine as possible. Though there is something charming about a book looking well-loved.

#9 - Do you write in your books?
The only books I've ever written in were the ones I studied at school/university. My £2 basic school copy of Gatsby is crammed with notes, most of which are barely legible. 

#10 - What are you currently reading?
Sense and Sensibility by Joanna Trollope and Petite Mort by Beatrice Hitchman.

My nominations are Jirrine Reads, Keeley Reads and Obsessive Compulsive Reader. Over to you guys :)
     

Comments

  1. I love this tag. We have a lot of Book Reading Habits in common. I tend to read in my bed, I always have to stop at the end of a chapter, but I tend to fall asleep reading (especially since I've been back at school because I've been exhausted). Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love this tag. And I love your answers, we have a lot of reading habits in common. :D And thanks for the nomination. Will let you know when I do it!

    Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You joined in! I had lots of fun doing that one ... I am just the same when a book is at a 'gripping point', I carry it everywhere I go! Hope you're having a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for tagging me! I am looking forward to doing this. I see that we have some habits in common ;)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Summer in Tuscany by Domenica De Rosa

Feature and Follow Friday: Featured Blogger!

Review: The Wardrobe Mistress by Natalie Meg Evans